My family and I live in Wilmington, N.C. I am Media Coordinator at Laney H.S. Prior to that I was the Media Coordinator at Independence High School in Charlotte, N.C. for eight years.
I support the total school program including academic departments, fine arts, athletics, HOSA, FFA, etc. in any way that I can.
I am certified to be a Media Coordinator, to teach ESOL/ESL or to teach music.
I have varied interests including books, computers, Internet, creating Websites, bicycling, photography, singing, playing the ukulele and the guitar, SUP (stand up paddling) and kayaking.
I have three great kids and a wonderful wife. My wife is a nurse practitioner and teaches pediatric nursing at a university. One son works at a Wilmington hospital, one son teaches Exceptional Children in western N.C. and our daughter is a college student in Wilmington.
- Strong leadership skills. Excellent team-building skills.
- Provider of outstanding service & support to the total school program.
- 10 years of experience in elementary and high schools.
- Motivated, dependable, personable and hard working educator with multiple college degrees and a successful track record in education, in bookstore management and in church work.
- Flexible and versatile – easy to get along with and able to maintain calm and a sense of humor under pressure.
- Thrives in deadline-driven environments. Handles a number of tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Along with another teacher at Independence H.S., planned and coordinated a spaghetti dinner fund raiser which raised $7,500 to benefit Haiti
- Recognized several times at Independence H.S. with ‘Crystal Apple’ or ‘Mugs and Kisses’ for being a most helpful faculty member
- Named ‘Key Communicator’ of the year for the Charlotte-Mecklenburg School District
- Represented Chicora Elementary (N. Charleston, S.C.) at the national ‘America’s Choice’ convention in Los Angeles. Made a presentation about the computer class for parents/grandparents/grown siblings in which class graduates received a donated used computer.
- Presented a workshop for administrators of Charleston County Schools’ district 4 about his work at Chicora Elementary and about the computer class for family members.
- Named ‘Teacher of the year’ at Chicora Elementary.
- Nominated for Charleston County Schools’ ‘Rookie Teacher of the Year’
ResearchSmarts.com & Diigo.com bookmarks
ResearchSmarts.com featuring a search of my “Research Smarts” Diigo bookmarks where I share recommended and useful Websites with friends and colleagues